The Daring Way™ for Women
The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. The method was designed for work with individuals, couples, families, work teams, and organizational leaders. It can be facilitated in clinical, educational, and professional settings.
During the process, we explore topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness. We examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that are holding us back and we identify the new choices and practices that will move us toward more authentic and wholehearted living. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent, and lead.
This 8-week group will meet Wednesday evenings from 6:00-8:30 pm, May 2 – June 20, 2018.
The cost includes materials and one individual session with Deirdre Staton, LCSW. This session can be used to catch up on material if you have to miss one of the groups or to go deeper with some of the content discussed in the group.
- Clarify individual values and recognize how these help us live with greater courage and authenticity.
- Deepen their understanding of how trust is formed and how to talk about it in ways that deepen relationships.
- Learn how vulnerability is the birthplace of so much of what we want and value in life.
- Develop tools for managing the discomfort of vulnerability and the fears that hold us back in life.
- Learn and practice empathy and self-compassion.
- Explore scarcity, comparison, and shame, and develop the skills needed to increase resilience when facing them.
- Better understand how to cultivate healthier relationships with themselves and others.